UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Congratulations to my favorite 1 year old

Ursus

Thank you, Ursus! And, since I'm naturally contrary, I shall be the one giving out birthday presents today. :unsure:

For you, Ursus, I'll give you a snappy, new identity suit to wear -- an anagram alias of your signature "Cacatne ursus in silvis?":

Crassicius Valentinus

= "Cacatne ursus in silvis?"

Ooo, that looks spiffy on you!

-- Nephele (1 year old today!)

I generally avoid birthday threads and similar, simply because I don't want to accidentally ignore some while posting in others, but I'll make an exception...

Many people, from those who post and participate on a daily basis to the occasional passerby who "lurks" or asks a question or two, have helped make this discussion forum into a destination for those who are drawn to Rome. While that process was obviously in motion before Nephele's arrival, she has certainly been a major contributor from the start. More importantly though, she has truly been instrumental in molding this collection of many different people with related interests into an actual community. :)

Cheers!

Thank you, Primus Pilus, for your kind words. You know I think the world of UNRV and the people here, and I can think of no better place in which to be growing up (I'm 1 year old today!).

And now, my birthday present for you. Since your RL name is no secret, and is in your sig (I'm raiding sigs today), I've anagrammed a "birthday suit" for you, too!

Tse-Chin the Warrior

= Chris Heaton, Writer

The characters in the Pinyin Chinese name of "Tse-Chin" translate into "Standard-Industrious". You are a warrior for the preservation of history, and you set a standard for us all with your industrious commitment to this site.

-- Nephele

Ah Nephele , courteous and disarming indeed. Who would imagine Her a denizen of that sulphurous hive NYC? I imagine her as visualised by the Victorian painter Alma Tadema:

LawrenceAlma-Tadema-Hero-1898Large.jpg

in Delphi perhaps.

Thanks, Pertinax, for that gorgeous painting for my birthday! Hmm... Are you sure the lady in that painting isn't at NYC's Chelsea Piers, gazing out over the Hudson River? :)

Now, as for my birthday present to you... I've swiped one of your sigs for anagramming your "birthday suit" -- wear it well!

Cesar Potestio Poirot

= "Spectato Repositorio!"

You're "Cesar Potestio" (Caesar the Powerful) plus Poirot -- the famous, fictional gourmet detective. Although I doubt that Poirot knew half as much about fine dining, wines, and herbs as you do.

Docoflove, I'm always ready to party -- and you throw the best virtual parties! They're legendary, in fact.

For my birthday present to you, here's a choice of romance novel-inspired identities for you to try on (with bodices!):

Godiva Moorcastle

Octavia Somergold

=

Doc o' Love, Magistra

-- Nephele

DIEM NATALEM FELICEM, NEPHELE! :)

And hear! hear! to all the sentiments so far expressed. I have a theory that Nephele is twins and while one of her is working at the library, the other is researching our questions and composing clear and comprehensive answers.

For MY birthday I would like a 'Nephele' as a present: my own personal Rome-expert!

Wouldn't we all!

Wow...what wonderful aliases! I think that, given that I am a great consumer of all things chocolate, I must opt for Godiva Moorcastle. I won't be so bold as to put 'Lady' in front of that...that's not my style. But in your honor, oh Birthday Goddess, I open up my bodegas just for you, and shall have my servants pass out wine, ale, and nibblies for everyone!! Let's get this party started!

Aw...! Thanks, Flavia! But, gosh, I'm no Rome expert -- especially compared to you and most other folks around here. Although I will admit that names are my game -- including Roman nomenclature. :)

And now for my birthday present to you, you get a choice of aliases to wear, revealing that your character is you:

"Caroline est Flavia"

=

Laverna Felicitosa

Vestilla Ferociana

DoL, I thought you'd like the Godiva alias -- and you are a great lady, so there!

*Nephele happily receives the wine, ale, and nibblies provided by DoL, and passes them around to the guests as they arrive at the party.*

-- Nephele

What a year its been!

It certainly has. But then, the first year of one's life is always full of amazing discoveries. (I'm one year old!)

For my birthday present to you, Moonlapse, I shall anagram for you a new identity which defines you as being our:

Moonlapse, Techno Wizard

=

Zero Cool PhantasmWinde

Zero Cool, as you may already know, is a character from the 1995 movie, Hackers.

-- Nephele

And there's more where that came from! Let the festivities begin! Weekend-long festa!

Yay! I'm bringing a virtual case of my favorite Riesling for all: Kung Fu Girl. Enjoy!

-- Nephele

I can say without doubt that whenever I have a depressing day and tune in to Forum, I head for any new post by Nephele, as I know she can carry away another's misery as easily as Atlas carried the world. No wonder this year has seemed so short - for time flies when in hearty company.

Felicitations to you, Mistress of the Revels - the Augusta now decrees celebrations to take place in virtual temples everywhere, with only the very best incense and victims. I declare a new Saeculum in Nephele's honour. Let the games begin!