UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Happy Birthday to M. Porcius Cato!

Nephele

Thanks to all of you for your best wishes and for your many references to that odious darling of Venus, whom the Liberators returned to her on this glorious day.

(BTW, Augusta has no need to eat her hat, but she should perhaps gnaw on one, as my birthday falls squarely within the Festival of Mars.)

A most auspicious Birthday for a strict Catonian! You get my point? Just a vague stab at a personal greeting.

(BTW, Augusta has no need to eat her hat, but she should perhaps gnaw on one, as my birthday falls squarely within the Festival of Mars.)

And directly precedes the Bacchanalia. Not that you should need the excuse to party hard for your natal day celebration.

Interesting how the Bacchanalia coincides with St. Patrick's Day -- another day given over to drinking and revelry.

-- Nephele

And directly precedes the Bacchanalia. Not that you should need the excuse to party hard for your natal day celebration.

Interesting how the Bacchanalia coincides with St. Patrick's Day -- another day given over to drinking and revelry.

-- Nephele

Is this the same festival at which P Clodius was discovered dressed as a woman at the the house of Julius Caesar which resulted in Caesar divorcing his wife with the saying " Caesar's wife should be above suspicion" or words to that effect ?

-- Nephele

Is this the same festival at which P Clodius was discovered dressed as a woman at the the house of Julius Caesar which resulted in Caesar divorcing his wife with the saying " Caesar's wife should be above suspicion" or words to that effect ?

No, I think it was a party for Bona Dea (a far more decorous deity) that Clodius crashed.

-- Nephele

• 7 months later...