UNRV Ancient Roman Empire Forums

Jabberwocky

Pertinax

A Terry Gilliam film of some vintage, indeed it was my late Father's great favourite, and he has been dead some 20 years. For those who do not know "It is the middle of the Dark Ages, Ages darker than anyone had ever expected" , in many ways a direct continuation of the "bring out your dead " scene in Holy Grail-at least in ambience ie: squalid rank filth.

The parental guidance box is very good as a summary: "language-some, mild" "sex/nudity-infrequent" " violence-frequent, comic ,bloody"

An old friend of mine is the Jabberwocky-though he has now risen to much greater (office bound)media heights-ha! Pertinax Friend of the Stars.

A squalid , scabrous excursion into a festering dustbin of offal. Very funny."Rats on a stick, get your rats!"

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B...9931322-1950335

Edited by Pertinax

I can remember watching it when i was a kid,i seem to remember a misty dragon what lived in the woods,is that the right movie?

Yep , that dragon is my old roommate ! Terry Jones is the filthy peasant (gruseomely) eaten by the aforesaid monster at the start of the film, Warren Mitchell (Alf Garnett) is Mr Fishfinger (loathsome fish merchant), John Le Mesurier is Pastlehew the King's Councillor and Michael Palin is the witless Dennis Cooper (inadvertent hero and stocktaker of cooperage).